There have been rumors that Nintendo is now developing a Wii successor, the Wii 2 codename Project Cafe. Kotaku, via IGN, listed what seems to be the specification of Nintendo's newest console. It will be a full HD console with 1080p resolution. At first I was hesitant about this because Reggie said that a Wii successor will not be in development for another 2 years or so, but here it is now. I cannot wait!
Below is the list they've made:
• GPU - Wii 2's GPU will be a modified version of AMD's R700 architecture.
• CPU - The CPU will be a custom-designed triple-core version of the IBM PowerPC chipset.
• Visuals - Project Cafe will run in 1080p, and may be able to utilize Stereoscopic 3D, though it hasn't been confirmed as a feature.
• Size & Design - The console will be around the same size as the first-gen Xbox 360, and may be designed to look like a futuristic looking Super Nintendo.
• Price - Say goodbye to Nintendo having the "budget" console: Project Cafe may cost between 350 and 400 dollars.
• Release Date - Supposedly, the Cafe itself could be ready to ship from the manufacturer to retailers as soon as mid-to-late October, but in order to give developers more time with the new hardware, Nintendo may not launch the console until early 2012.
Another rumor is that Rockstar Games is currently developing a Grand Theft Auto 5 game on the Wii 2. Right now we can only ride with the rumor because it is not yet officially been made public. I just hope that it will be revealed in E3 this year.